Jul 22, 2015

The Sandusky County Department of Job and Family Services along with the eight counties listed below implemented a call center know as COLLABOR8. These nine (9) JFS Departments share a telephone and imaging system between counties to service public assistance consumers.

Aug 29, 2013

A Sandusky County Grand Jury recently indicted Fremont resident, Kelly Provonsha, on charges of tampering with records and grand theft.

Nov 7, 2012
Child Support Web Portal Now Available

Kinship Info

Ohio Kinship: Caregivers


Did a court award you legal custody of a child on or after July 1, 2005?..

If so, your family may be eligible for financial support through your county chidren services agency


Introducing KPI

the Kinship Permanency Incentive Program

What you need to know...

the Kinship Permanency Incentive (KPI) Program

KPI was created to support children in the homes of family or friends who have committed to caring for them, when birth parents cannot.

KPI Requirements

  • A Public Children Services agency approves the placement.
  • A judge awarded legal custody of the child to you after July 1, 2005
  • Your income is not higher than 300% of federal poverty guidelines.
  • You have submitted an application for approval to the county public children services agency in which you reside.

To learn more about program requirements, contact your local county public children services agency.

If you live in another county...
look up your public children services agency in the county government pages of your phone book, or call information to locate the correct number.

Other Program Specifics

  • Eligible families receive initial payment of $450 per child.
  • Continuing eligibility is verified every 6 months.
  • $250 per child will be provided every 6 months for a total of 36 months.
  • KPI payments are in addition to Ohio Works First cash assistance received for the child.


If you live in Sandusky County, contact Children Services at:
Children Services, Placement Unit
2511 Countryside Dr.
Fremont, OH 43420
(419) 334-8708

Some kinship families will not be eligible for this program. However, it is important to find out what resources are available to your family. Contact your local public children services, or department of job and family services agency to find out more.

 More information can be found at:


Previous page: Grandparents Info  Next page: Emancipated Youth